About the business and the role
Rosewood Homes is a long standing family owned and operated building company specialising in construction of customisable homes for our clients in Sydney.
With a small permanent staff base and open office environment the team enjoys a close working relationship in collectively dealing with each other, subcontractors, suppliers, clients, and consultants.
This role covers a diverse range of tasks from general reception, administration, and secretarial work, through to book keeping, accounts, and payroll processing. This part time role covers 3 days per week.
Job tasks and responsibilities
General Secretarial / Reception duties-
• Answering telephones, forwarding calls, taking messages, managing office line voicemail and messages.
• Greeting visitors to the office
• Taking deliveries
• Management of stationery stock
• Filing- hard copy document filing to relevant folders or files, and data filing of document or correspondence to the main server database.
• Minutes of meetings where required
• Banking- online or at branch as required
• Mail management- incoming and outgoing. Sorting and distribution.
• Monitoring and administration of company insurance premium obligations
• Recording of staff leave
• Data input, printing, scanning, documentation collation and other miscellaneous requirements as they arise.
• Weekly online grocery purchases
Construction Administration / Company Accounting / Book Keeping duties-
• Invoice handling, processing, payments via Rosewoods Construction Management software and Business Banking online systems.
• Receipting of payments received
• Generation and issue of progress claims to clients
• Bank statement reconciles
• Subcontractor and supplier invoice handling and processing
• Generation, issue, follow up, and receipting of progress claims to clients
• Generation, issue, follow up, and receipting of variation claims to clients
• Vendor Management- All Subcontractors and Suppliers need to be setup or managed as vendors in our construction management software.
• Account applications to suppliers where relevant
• Creation / updating of documented procedures / processes relevant to construction management software.
• Preparation and collation of contract documents, authority application forms (DA, CC, CDC, OC) etc.
• Payroll processing and keeping employee attendance records
Skills and experience
Candidates should ideally have at least two years of experience with a home building company covering general reception, secretarial, administrative, and accounts duties where the typical documentation, systems, and processes of administering home construction has been experienced.
General accounting / book keeping experience is mandatory.
Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is expected. A general computing competence will facilitate a fast operating ability on Rosewood’s construction management software package- Constructor. No prior experience on Constructor is required. Applicants should have a high typing speed and accuracy.
Rosewood are looking for a confident, well presented, motivated employee who can not only follow directions and predefined processes, but can also operate autonomously by finding work where none has otherwise been defined. In performance of general duties and provision of assistance to other staff the ability to list and organise task priorities while managing and achieving specific work deadlines is a vital skill beneficial to this role.
A suitable candidate will have an excellent telephone manner and communication skills (both written and oral) with the ability to work harmoniously as part of Rosewood’s existing team.
Job benefits and perks
• Rosewood’s office is located in the Castle Hill commercial area and includes our own designated parking.
• As a courtesy to staff, Rosewood supply a general range of fresh groceries to the office on a weekly basis for staff to make their own lunches in house.
• As a family business, Rosewood understand the obligations employees may have at times with their own families. Flexibility in working days and times can be arranged where required via prior agreement with Management.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com